Transportation Driver - Floater (On call)
The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind and America’s VetDogs have an opportunity for a Transport Driver. Hours will be flexible and not scheduled. This position reports to our Volunteer Services Manager and Asst. Volunteer Services Manager. The position will be out of our Long Island, NY area.
Under the direct supervision of the Volunteer Services Manager, driver will operate all types of Foundation vehicles including but not limited to minivans and cargo vans to safely transport puppies, adult dogs, people, and supplies to various locations as needed. Responsibilities include regional and long-distance ground transports including but not limited to VA-NY and the reverse trip. Duties also include trips to veterinarians, prison pup programs along the East Coast, pickup/drop off-of working dogs, trips to airports to pick up or drop off people, supplies or dogs with Puppies in Flight transports or cargo transports.
• Minimum of three years of experience in driving cargo vans and minivans.
• Reliable and Punctual.
• Clean driving record required and must be maintained.
• Proficient use of Navigation Systems.
• Must be able to work flexible hours- nights, weekends as needed.
• Clean and neat appearance.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Must read and speak English sufficiently to communicate with the general public.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish rapport with office, staff, graduates, co-workers and public.
• Organized to manage required paperwork regarding dog information, licenses, and vehicle
• Maintenance logs and registrations.