The Position - Program Services Administrative Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Volunteer Services Manager, the Program Services Administrative Assistant provides administrative and office support for Volunteer Services, Canine Care, Puppy Departments. Responsibilities include collection of canine veterinary records, prepping, scanning and indexing office documents, customer service, data entry, mailing certificates, assisting with canine transport, office support, and representing the Foundation at on and off-campus events.
Include specific tasks for Canine Care Support such as collection of canine medical records by specific dates; Maintain transport inventory and advise manager(s) when items needed; assist packing and loading/unloading for upcoming canine transports.
Duties for Volunteer Services Support include general office support; coordinating kennel & class volunteers and assisting Training Department with preparing Celebration Saturday invites, letters, tracking, etc. Assists with training new puppy department volunteers and staff members.
- Minimum of 2 years college and 4 years office and volunteer experience preferred
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and customer service skills to deal efficiently and professionally with co-workers, volunteers, consumers, and public.
- Strong computer skills, including iMIS, informz, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and Zoom. Ability to transfer photos and files between cameras, Foundation network, and community web pages.
- High level of organization and accuracy in all job responsibilities. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain positive, professional relationships with supervisors, coworkers, volunteers, blind and disabled consumers, and members of the public.
- Ability to apply attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to continue professional development to improve skills and enhance performance.
- Flexibility with work hours and special requests. Day, evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Possess valid driver’s license to drive car, minivan, cargo van or bus.
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program which includes an outstanding 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Samantha@Guidedog.org