The Position – Human Resources Manager
We have a unique employment opportunity for a Human Resources Manager at our campus in Smithtown, NY (Long Island). The manager will lead and direct the functions of Human Resources within the Administrative Services Department. This will include supervising the recruiting strategies, hiring, onboarding new employees, training new and existing employees, developing and implementing processes to improve employee welfare and HR best practices. Responsibilities also include preparing, distributing and processing benefits for annual open enrollments, answering staff questions and reviewing monthly premiums for accuracy. Assures compliance and timeliness of county, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, labor relations or a related field.
- Relevant work experience may be a substitute. SHRM or PHR certification, a plus. 3 years’ experience with working knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Experience with human resources information systems (HRIS).
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full understanding of payroll practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for organization, prioritization and efficiency in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Impeccable personal and professional integrity and discretion due to exposure to highly sensitive and confidential information.
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program which includes an outstanding 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Employment@GuideDog.org. Please include “HR Manager” in the subject line.