The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs (the Organizations) has a unique employment opportunity for an Executive Administrator
at our campus in Smithtown, NY. The Executive Administrator provides strategic administrative support to the President & CEO.
The top priority of this position is to support the CEO in the pursuit of organizational goals and objectives. This will be done by managing an effective executive function with optimal coordination and communication across the Leadership team as well as with all stakeholders such as Board members, donors, consumers and all partners of the Organizations. This position effectively prioritizes, manages and coordinates the CEO’s schedule, drafts, communications and presentations from the office of the CEO, and serves as a member of the Organizations’ leadership team.
We seek an individual who will enjoy the challenge of effectively managing multiple, diverse responsibilities to coordinate the strategic and tactical work necessary to accomplish the CEO’s initiatives and priorities.
The Executive Administrator oversees a team of three who work together to coordinate and fulfill the operations of the Executive office.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, non-profit management or relevant field preferred. A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in Executive Office / C-Suite support required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. Shorthand a plus.
- Ability to maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the Organizations.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and use of communication applications (Skype, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability to solve complex problems, think innovatively, creatively and strategically
- Possess high degree of professionalism, initiative and independence in supporting CEO’s office on a wide variety of subjects.
- Capable of handling several tasks simultaneously and self-managing time and task priorities.
- Requires impeccable personal and professional integrity and discretion.
- Capable of making and executing decisions, possesses sound and accurate judgement.
- Flexibility of working hours, weekends, early mornings and to travel when required.
This position is exempt. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program which includes outstanding 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How to Apply
If you are interested in finding out more information about this position please email us at ExecutiveAdministratorSearch@guidedog.org.