The Position - Consumer Services Admissions Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Consumer Services Manager, the Consumer Services Admissions Coordinator
distributes, supports, and administers all phases of the assistance dog application process. Communicates with prospective applicants and program staff, ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of data submission for applications to be completed. Conducts video, telephone, or in-person applicant interviews. Continually updates records, both in IMIS database and Global Search Document Management, aiding in the prompt placement of a guide or service dog. Maintains all files in a way that safeguards applicant confidentiality. Provides data as required for analysis and reporting functions. Assists in the recruitment process for viable guide dog and service dog applicants.
- 3-5 years’ experience in customer service oriented career; public relations or admissions. Undergraduate degree preferred. A knowledge of blindness and other disabilities, preferable.
- Knowledge of Global Search Document Management and Crystal Reports preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish rapport with students, applicants, graduates, visitors and co-workers.
- Demonstrated capacity for organization, prioritization and efficiency in a dynamic environment. Detail oriented, self- motivated and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to say “no”.
- Ability to compartmentalize information shared in the application process.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, spreadsheet and database applications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor.
- Drive and/or travel
- Lift 25 pounds
- Exert up to 20 pounds of pressure occasionally and exert 10 pounds of force to move objects.
Visual Acuity - Near acuity and accommodation are required to read text and copy of written materials to establish applicant files, for publishing and to read computer screen.
Hearing Acuity - Ability to interact with staff and public in a formal way to perform tasks.
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program which includes an outstanding 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Samantha@Guidedog.org