Hosting a Fundraiser for
the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc.
Did you know that individuals, businesses and organizations can host fundraisers in support of Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind?
Fundraising through special events is a great way to support the Foundation’s mission. A contribution, no matter the size, makes a difference for people who are blind, have low vision, or who have other special needs; and seek the independence, mobility, and companionship a guide dog provides.
Known as "Community FriendRaising," these community-driven events can include:
- Holiday, Super Bowl, or Derby parties, and other “Donation at the Door” house parties
- Birthday or anniversary celebrations where guests bring donations in lieu of gifts
- Luncheon or casual dress days hosted by a company or one of its departments
- Golf tournaments, music concerts, 5K races, bike-a-thons, or wine-tasting events
- Garage sales, tag sales, bake sales, book sales
We actively encourage third-party fundraising events, however, all such events must be approved by us in advance. This is an important safeguard to preserve the integrity of the Guide Dog Foundation name and our commitment to raising funds in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
A third-party event typically begins with an idea and plan of action that is presented to the Guide Dog Foundation. The group or individual completes an application and submits a signed Third-Party Contract, available as a downloadable form HERE.
We ask that you also read our Community FriendRaising Guidelines by CLICKING HERE. While we are able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events.
The Guide Dog Foundation can provide your event with the following assistance:
- Printed materials, banners, etc. for the Guide Dog Foundation.
- A letter in support of your event or acknowledgement as an approved event.
- Thank-you letters to all major sponsors.
- If available and when appropriate, a representative of the Foundation to attend your event.
- The opportunity to share our expertise on the planning of your event.
If you or your organization would like to hold a fundraising event to benefit the Guide Dog Foundation , contact Jaime McGrade at 631-930-9054 or e-mail Jaime@GuideDog.org.
Please CLICK HERE to read and complete our Third-Party Event form before planning your event to receive authorization from the Guide Dog Foundation. Please print the form and email or fax it to Jaime at 631-930-9009.
Interested in setting up your own personal fundraising page? We are excited about our new software program that will allow you to create a custom page that you can send to friends and family to encourage donations. For more information or to get started today, contact Jaime.
We appreciate your interest in fundraising for the Guide Dog Foundation, and we look forward to working with you! Please call us at 1-800-548-4337 or 631-930-9054 if you have any questions.