The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs have a unique employment opportunity for Puppy Advisor located in Athens, Georgia
Under the supervision of the Puppy Program Manager, provides training, arranges temporary homes, and puppy socialization. Supervises volunteers in opportunities for proper raising, informal training and socialization activities of puppies meant to maximize the dogs’ success as guides or service dogs.
- Located in or near Athens, GA
- Minimum of BA or BS degree or equivalent, such as technical degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer or volunteer oriented service.
- Proficient interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills needed for recruitment, class instruction, and obedience training
- 2 years’ proven experience in dog and puppy handling and training.
- Ability to evaluate and manage volunteers to maximize the potential of their puppies.
- Ability to commute 85-90% of time working in field and work overtime including weekends and evenings.
- Capable of traveling out of state periodically, if needed
- Must safely handle a variety of large breed dogs, weighing up to 90 pounds, with varying strength and manageability.
- Able to safely lift up to 40 pounds. Employees are required to seek assistance when lifting dogs or objects weighing more than 40 pounds.
- Ability to learn and implement new training techniques and assist with program development
- Ability to communicate via voice mail and e-mail and use computer efficiently.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program which includes an outstanding 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or have any questions, please contact Samantha at email@example.com