The Position: Grants Officer
The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind and America’s VetDogs have an opportunity for a Grants Officer located at our Smithtown, NY campus or remote with preference to Washington D.C., Texas, California or Illinois. This position reports to our Chief Growth Officer.
The Grants Officer researches, analyzes, prioritizes, and contacts funding sources in order to apply for both private foundation and government grants. They prepare grant applications, write narratives and compile required paperwork to maximize opportunities for financial support for new and/or existing programs. The Grants Officer will steward donors, prepare annual grant reports and serve as liaison to funding sources. They will also participate in public speaking and will develop relationships with community leaders in order to promote support for the Guide Dog Foundation (GDF) and America’s VetDogs (AVD). Flexibility to work weekends and evenings consistent with a front-line fundraising role required. All Development staff are expected to assist with the execution of the annual development plan to support meeting the annual organizational budget.
Key Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college in related field
- 3-5 years’ experience writing technical reports and/or researching and applying for grant funds, with experience preferably in the human services or veterans’ industries
- Proficient in database management and Microsoft Office.
- Possess superior communication skills (oral, written, and listening) in order to be clear and persuasive.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be a team player.
- Work weekends, evenings, and early mornings as necessary.
- Local, regional and national travel as necessary. Driver license required.
- Position is highly sensitive and requires impeccable personal and professional integrity and discretion.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to: Employment@Guidedog.org with “Grants Officer” in the subject of the email.