Hosting a Fundraiser for the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc.
Did you know that individuals, businesses and organizations can host fundraisers in support of Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind?
Fundraising through special events is a great way to support the Foundation’s mission. A contribution, no matter how small or how large, makes a difference for the people who are blind, visually impaired, or who have other special needs, and who seek the independence, mobility, and companionship a guide dog provides.
Known as "Third-Party Fundraisers," these community-driven events include events such as
- Holiday, Super Bowl, or Derby parties, and other “Donation at the Door” house parties
- Birthday or anniversary celebrations where guests bring donations in lieu of gifts
- Luncheon or casual dress days hosted by a company or one of its departments
- Golf tournaments, music concerts, 5K races, bike-a-thons, or wine-tasting events
- Garage sales, tag sales, bake sales, book sales
A third-party event typically begins with an idea and plan of action that is presented to the Foundation. The group or individual completes an application and submits a signed Third-Party Contract, available as a downloadable form here or from the Foundation’s Development office.
Although we actively encourage third-party fundraising events, all such events must be approved by us in advance. This is an important safeguard to preserve the integrity of the Guide Dog Foundation name and our commitment to raising funds in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
While we are able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events. The event sponsor is responsible for all details of the event including underwriting all of the related costs, recruiting volunteers to help out at the event, creating flyers to publicize the event, and working at the actual event.
The Guide Dog Foundation can provide your event with the following assistance:
- Brochures and fact sheets, banners, etc. for the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc.
- A letter in support of your event or acknowledgement as an approved event.
- Thank you letters to all major sponsors.
- If available and when appropriate, a representative of the Foundation to attend your event.
- The opportunity to share our expertise on the planning of your event.
If you or your organization would like to hold a fundraising event to benefit the Guide Dog Foundation, contact the Foundation Development Office at 1-866-282-8045 or 631-930-9054. To download our application form in PDF click here. After you have completed the form to the best of your ability, you may email or mail it back to us.
We appreciate your interest in fundraising for the Guide Dog Foundation, and we look forward to working with you! Please call Jaime McGrade at 1-866-282-8045 or 631-930-9054 if you have any questions.